Pageviews last month

Monday, July 27, 2026

Monday Morning Musing: Finding peace in the Quiet

 

You know you are getting older when a great weekend means you stayed home and didn’t have to go anywhere. 

 

When you have spent years first as a daily caregiver and then most weekends cleaning out an estate, quiet weekends feel both rare and precious.  No, we are not done with the cleanout, but I think the need to spend every Saturday over there is pretty much over.  After three years.

 

Spending a quiet Saturday morning in the kitchen baking things that smell wonderful and draw your loved ones from their beds is one of my favorite things ever.

 

Getting up first and having the house to yourself for quiet time with prayers, coffee and pets is the best.


I used the word "quiet" a lot today.  I guess that's where I am finding peace these days.  In the quiet.


Until next time… may your coffee stay warm and your heart stay hopeful

 

 

No comments:

Monday Morning Musing: Finding peace in the Quiet

  You know you are getting older when a great weekend means you stayed home and didn’t have to go anywhere.     When you have spent year...