Pageviews last month

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday on Writing - In the words of Charles Dickens

The Saturday after Thanksgiving my boys, the hubby and I took my mom to see a live theater production of A Christmas Carol at Geva Theater here in my hometown.  It's my mom's favorite Christmas movie, and while I admit to leaning a little more toward It's A Wonderful Life (has any actress every been more beautiful than Donna Reed is in that movie??? She's breathtaking!)  I have learned to love the Dickens classic as well. (My favorite version: the one with George C. Scott.  My favorite Scrooge? Michael Caine.  He plays the role of Scrooge in the Muppet Christmas Carol and he's nothing short of amazing! A must see just for the songs and Mr. Caine even if you're not fond of the idea of Kermit and Piggy as Bob and Mrs. Cratchet LOL)  My husband and boys both love A Christmas Carol so I guess it's through them that I have come to have a fondness for it myself.

We had wonderful seats (orchestra right, row A) and the play was sensational.  As we left the theater that night, a light snowfall had begun and it felt like the perfect beginning to the holiday season. 

But I digress.  I wanted to get back to posting thoughts on the craft of writing on Wednesdays and lo and behold, I found this quote from Mr. Dickens that sums it all up rather nicely:

An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.- Charles Dickens

No comments:

The Struggle is Real Week 8: When Life Hits Back

  It’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. Did anyone notice I was missing?   But I have good news/bad news.   The good news. I wr...