Pageviews last month

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Are We Crazy to do What We Do?

I have kept this quote taped to my monitor for ... well longer than I've had a monitor! LOL. There's something comforting about it. Kind of like a reaffirmation that, no, I'm not crazy, there are others like me. What do you think--are writers crazy, or is it the rest of the world that has it all wrong?

Anyway, from one writer to another... enjoy!

The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: a human
creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him, a touch is a
blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an
ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.
Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to
create, create, create - so that without the creating of music or
poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath
is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some
strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is
creating. - Pearl Buck

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

So true!

Susan Macatee said...

Wow, that's exactly how I've always felt. Just always thought I was weird. LOL.

Sarita Leone said...

What a wonderful quote. Thanks for posting it!

The Struggle is Real Week 8: When Life Hits Back

  It’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. Did anyone notice I was missing?   But I have good news/bad news.   The good news. I wr...