Pageviews last month

Friday, February 8, 2008

Hitting the Slopes

I can’t believe it’s Friday already! This has been one of those weeks that has kept me so busy, I’ve barely had time to think about what day it is. Sadly, it’s been work busy, rather than writing, but I’ve had a lot of time to plot and plan, printed out some scenes from the last time I did write—I like to read those over in the car while I’m waiting for the boys to get out of school. So I haven’t been completely out of touch with writing.

Yesterday, with a migraine bubbling at the surface, undoubtedly caused from all work and no play, I took time out for play. Four inches of snow fell yesterday morning after a previous day of freezing rain. You can’t ask for better sledding conditions than that!

So after school, I took the boys sledding. (There are great hills right behind the school, lucky kids!). We were only out half an hour, but just listening to their belly laughs and giggles, watching their cheeks turn from pink to bright red and feeling their excitement… I think I might have actually relaxed for a few minutes! Nothing like a good wintry day to recharge your battery.


I wish I had pictures to share, but I haven’t figured out yet how to get them from my phone to my computer! (I’m not necessarily gadget challenged, it’s just that technology seems to move faster than I can learn these days!)

How do you wile away the winter days? Do you get out there and enjoy it—or huddle up inside and dream about spring?

6 comments:

Susan Macatee said...

I am not a snow person.

My ideal winter day is to curl up with a good book by the kerosene heater.

We don't have a fireplace. LOL.

And I'm with you on the technology thing. By the time I learn how to do something, everything's moved at least five steps ahead of me.

Nicole McCaffrey said...

LOL. I don't have a fireplace either, Susan, unless you count the "fake" one my FIL built for my kids, that's lit by a light bulb in the back *G*.

I actually kind of prefer winter to summer--no bugs, no heat, no humidity. And good reason to hide inside and watch movies or read on a snowy weekend, LOL

Cynthia Owens said...

I LOVE winter -- the sun sparkling like diamonds on the snow, the crisp, cheek-stinging wind, the crunch of the snow underfoot. Cross-country skiing, skating, and long walks on a starry night are the best of the season for me.

As for technology -- I'm the original technophobe!

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Yes, you definitely can't beat a winter sky for pretty!

You know I've never tried cross-country skiing. I've made attempts to several times, but it always gets called off due to warm weather! LOL. Hard to believe, but true. Still, it's something I'd really like to do.

Thanks for stopping by, Cynthia!

Sarita Leone said...

I love both winter and summer. I don't play favorites, LOL. In the winter I like to snowshoe and x-country ski, and there's always snuggling and wathching movies or reading a good book!

Summertime? Don't even get me started! I've got to admit, I've had enough of winter by now. Blue skies and warm breezes are calling me...Loudly!

Sounds like the sledding was fun!

Paty Jager said...

What a fun way to relax!

I like any time of year as long as the sun is shining! LOL Winter with snow on the ground and sun sparkling off the snow and the sky a deep blue. Then there's spring with the sun shining down and the buds popping out bringing green leaves and bright colors of spring flowers with a blue sky. Or Summer with the sun beating down and a spot in the shade of a tree, then there's fall, with the colorful leaves shaking in the cooling breeze with the backdrop of the bright blue sky sky behind it.

I like them all! LOL

The Struggle is Real Week 8: When Life Hits Back

  It’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. Did anyone notice I was missing?   But I have good news/bad news.   The good news. I wr...