Pageviews last month

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A surprise review


It's funny how you can "forget" the little things. In recent weeks, I've been busy promoting The Model Man and basking in some wonderful reviews, plus feverishly working on other works in progress.

I'd nearly forgotten that Small Town Christmas had been sent out for reviews when it was released in print format last fall!

So it was a pleasant surprise to find this review from Joyfully Reviewed in my inbox this morning.

Holland McCall moved to Syracuse and got a job as a newscaster, but she’s back in her hometown for Thanksgiving. Holly prefers being in the city; she doesn’t like small town life anymore. Tucker Callahan is recently divorced and living in Castleford with his two little girls. Holly had a crush on Tucker when they were young but Tucker broke her heart. After all these years, Holly is still attracted to Tucker and now that she’s changed, it seems Tucker is finally noticing Holly too.

Small Town Christmas is syrupy sweet and classically romantic. Tucker is a good guy and his girls are darling. Holly and Tucker’s romantic movie ending is heartwarming and fun.


What I really loved about this review was that it brought back a lot of nice memories for me about this story--and I'm tickled pink that the reviewer "got" my Hollywood style ending. If you've read STC, you've seen my take on Holly as George Bailey running down Main Street. And if you haven't read STC--what are you waiting for? It's now available from Amazon!

2 comments:

Susan Macatee said...

That's great, Nic!
I still remember that story and I read it way back when it first came out as an e-book.

And I'm eagerly awaiting The Model Man's print release.

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Thanks, Susan! I'm tickled you remember Holly and Tucker's story, it feels like I wrote if a lifetime ago, LOL.

The Struggle is Real Week 8: When Life Hits Back

  It’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. Did anyone notice I was missing?   But I have good news/bad news.   The good news. I wr...