I've been tagged! Not the first time it has happened, but it's always fun. Sarita Leone tagged me.
1) Link back to the person who tagged you. 2) Post the rules on your blog. 3) Write six things about yourself. 4) Tag six people at the end of your post by posting links to their blogsites. 5) Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their site. 6) And let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay, now the hard part. Six random things about me.
1. My middle name is Ruth. I've always hated it. Add to that fact that I have never, ever met anyone named Ruth that I got along with and I really hate the name, LOL. When I got married, I changed my middle name to my maiden name. Now I can call myself "Ruthless" and mean it! (LOL Actually my married name starts with D--I really did it so I wouldn't have to go through life with the initials NRD.)
2. I'm a member of the sandwich generation. I have a parent with Alzheimer's-like senile dementia, and one who struggles with the role of caregiver. I also have two young children. It's every bit as difficult as I ever thought it would be; if it wasn't for the escape writing offers me, I'd probably have lost my mind a long time ago!
3. My favorite color has always been light purple--but lately everything I buy is pink: cell phone, umbrella, wallet, new jacket, sweatshirt...even my blog and website are pink! I'm told this happens when you live in a house full of males, as I do. (And yes, even our pets are male!)
4. I never read any of my work after it's published. I'm afraid I'll find a big, glaring mistake and be mortified.
5. Both my sons are named after historical figures of the old west. They also both have two middle names, because mom is indecisive and didn't want to leave any historical figures out.
6. My sister is also a published romance novelist.
That's it! My six random facts! Now I'm off to tag....
1. Paty Jager
2. Susan Macatee
3. Cynthia Owens
4. Christine Koehler
5. Kat Henry Doran
6. Ashley Ladd
I found the review below on Facebook last week when someone posted it about Northern Temptress, and it lifted my spirits considerably. Last ...
Sometimes you just can't help but smile at the way life works...last summer I posted a note on a FB group and the nicest lady responded....
Another fun blast from the past for Throwback Thursday, this time from my first historical western, Wild Texas Wind ... All Raz Colt want...
I’ve always loved American history, in particular the Civil War. And when it comes right down to it, I admit…I’m obsessed with Gettysbur...