Pageviews last month

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Crankies


It’s my favorite time of year– Lilac time. My home town is known world wide for their lovely lilacs and annual festival to celebrate them that takes place the second week of May each year.

But despite the bright sunshine and the lingering sweet smell of lilacs in the air – I’m cranky.

I’ve been struggling to write, struggling to get any work done, struggling to manage a quick smile for the checkout girl at the grocery store. I’m not sad, just…irritable. And that isn’t me.

I can’t put my finger on any one specific thing that set me off, but I’ve been in this mood all week. I think it’s more a series of things – small annoyances, maybe a bit of PMS in there for good measure, crazy weather, too much stress in my personal life. Little things like that.

Can a whole bunch of little things add up to one big, bad mood? Apparently.

But the weekend is looming and looks to be sunny, so maybe some time spent outdoors pulling up weeds, walking my dog and playing with my kids will help. I hope so!

What do you do when a cranky mood takes hold and won’t let go? (Darah, don’t you dare say have sex!)

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I take more vitamin B, eat lots of chocolate, and do something for myself!

Usually if I'm cranky it's because I'm overloaded. I feel like I can't catch up. So I take time for myself and re-evaluate what is important in life. And tinker in your yard and enjoying your kids - that's what life is all about. Enjoy it and you'll be a different person come Monday!

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Yes, definitely popping my B complex -- ahh, chocolate, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe it's time for a long, hot bath and a glass of wine after the kids go to bed tonight.

Overloaded -- I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Darah Lace said...

Hmm, must be something in the air. I've been called a cynic this week. But Paty has the right idea. Pamper yourself. Chocolate, bubble bath, wine. And if all else fails, ask that special man in your life to give a nice long......backrub. *wink*

The Struggle is Real Week 8: When Life Hits Back

  It’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. Did anyone notice I was missing?   But I have good news/bad news.   The good news. I wr...